Crop IMS LLC Data Usage Policy
Your Ownership of Your Information
Information We May Collect from You
As a Crop IMS customer, we may collect from you the following information:
Name, address and telephone number
Browser and device information
Information about your farming operations
How We May Use and Share Your Information
We may use Your Information:
- Crop IMS will use your data only as needed to perform the services that you are paying us for.
- Crop IMS will NEVER SELL your data to anyone either in its raw form or in any de-identified form.
- Crop IMS will NEVER TRANSFER or give access to your data to anyone without first having received your expressed permission to do so unless compelled to do so by a court of law.
- Crop IMS may use your data in a de-identified, anonymized manner, ONLY WITH YOUR EXPRESSED CONSENT, as part of a data management service generally known as benchmarking that will be made available to farmers as a service, where the customer’s data is compared to this de-identified data community as a service. You must OPT IN for your data to become part of this service and for you to purchase this service from Crop IMS. Data compiled as part of this benchmarking process is NOT AVAILABLE TO ANYONE EXCEPT CUSTOMERS OF CROP IMS’S DATA MANAGEMENT SERVICE OFFERING who have subscribed to this benchmarking option. CROP IMS DOES NOT AND WILL NOT MAKE MONEY BY GIVING ACCESS TO THIRD-PARTIES TO OUR AGGREGATED DATA SETS that are comprised of information collected from customers like you.
- You may change your selection to OPT IN or OPT OUT of this benchmarking data community at any time. If after having initially agreed to OPT IN to a Crop IMS data community, you subsequently decide to OPT OUT, any information product derived from your de-identified data while you were still a part of the Crop IMS data community, will remain property of Crop IMS. However, upon receipt of your decision to OPT OUT, Crop IMS will immediately remove any and all of your submitted information from the Crop IMS data community thereby removing your data from being used in any way going forward in any benchmarking process.
- If you decide at some future date to change your business relationship with Crop IMS, you may request that Crop IMS return to you any information you may have provided & Crop IMS will not only return your information, but it will also remove any and all copies of that information from our systems, with the only exception being data Crop IMS may be required to maintain by law, statute or regulation. We keep no copies of your submitted data and once deleted it will no longer be available for aggregation as part of the benchmarking service we may be offering at the time.
- Crop IMS supports the right of the customer to participate in the monetization of their data and information pertaining to their operations at the customers’ discretion. Crop IMS is committed to providing data transfer capabilities so that the customer can transfer information as needed in their pursuit of this monetization effort.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect your information. If at any time we determine that these protective measures have been breached or compromised and your information has been accessed inappropriately, we will notify you of that unauthorized access within 72 hours of confirmation that such an event has occurred. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Crop IMS may use technology that captures your IP address or MAC address that provides us a way to deploy security measures that lets us know you are you when you use some of our tools. Other tools we may make available capture your location and use that information to help connect you to geo-referenced information in our systems so that you can better interact with our technologies.
Crop IMS DOES NOT collect information about you through your use of any online tools we may make available to you as part of our ongoing business relationship with you. Things like storing your internet browsing habits, accessing your web bookmarks, viewing contents of your email messages, accessing your photos or media you may have stored on your computer or other electronic devices, viewing your contacts, or any other internet-related items that many other companies DO collect when you interact with them, Crop IMS DOES NOT DO. These other companies do this because this is how they make money. We make money because of the value we add to your business from the services and products you purchase from Crop IMS.
Third Party Services and User-Generated Content
- This includes any third party operating any site or service to that you can link to on the internet that may be accessible through the Crop IMS website or any other site you visit.
- This includes any app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including, for example, Facebook, Apple, Google, or Microsoft.
- This includes any other Ag technology company; please familiarize yourself with the data privacy policies of any other entity you choose to share information with.
- We are not responsible for the information, including personally identifiable information that you may submit in any user-generated content services, such as posting a question, answer, or blog on any public facing portion of any Crop IMS services. Crop IMS has no plans to host any such site at the present time however, any personally identifiable information you submit in applications like this can be read, collected, or used by other users and could be used to send you unsolicited messages.
Updates to this Data Usage Policy
Crop IMS LLC
405 South Banker St
PO Box 629
Effingham, IL 62401-0629
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your emails to us.
Policy Version Date: 2/27/2015